It is crucial to maintain a healthy pH balance between the fluids and tissues of the human body. Ph denotes the amount of hydrogen ion concentration and if this is above the stipulated range of1 to 14 it can problems related to acidity. In order to handle the recurring problems of acidity it is vital to review your diet and the type of food you take in daily routine. It is essential to limit the food products which are high in acid content
. Understanding the causes of Acidity
- Earlier fresh fruits and organic foods were the main part of the This has changed with passage of time
- Intake of processed foods full of fatty acids,
- High sodium saturated fat and meat.
- High Consumption of alcohol
.Foods which trigger Acidity
It is imperative to review your overall diet in order to understand the problems of indigestion and acidity. It is crucial to understand which type of foods spark off acidity in the body. The main reason for triggering the problem of acidity in the body is sugar. Few other food products include processed meat, fish, food products rich in high protein and supplement, dairy products excess intake of grains
Alkaline Diet the elixir for acidity and longevity
Fuelling your body with alkaline ingredients is the key to maintain a healthy balance. Adhering to an alkaline diet helps to combat chronic diseases and in fact promotes longevity and good health. Alkaline foods are undoubtedly incredibly good for your body.
However the basic reason behind consuming alkaline food is that they assist to balance the ph levels. Not only this, they are readily absorbed in the body through the kidneys. The alkaline diet will definitely improve the body functions. You can initiate your journey into a healthy lifestyle by eating alkaline foods which include fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, salads, green leafy vegetables and foods with high water content. It is best to cook your food in healthy oils including olive oil. Another important aspect is to keep your body hydrated since this helps to maintain the vital stats of the body. An alkaline diet constitutes of nutritionally rich food, such as berries, citrus rich fruits, apples, fermented tofu, avocados broccoli and mushroom. Other dietary fibres also constitute an essential part of the alkaline diet. An alkaline diet helps to reduce morbidity and you get freedom from various chronic diseases and ailments including hypertension, arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, vitamin D deficiency, low bone density among others
Multiple Benefits accrue from intake of Alkaline Diet
Alkaline foods are ideal not only for nourishing your body on the inside but also make has your body looked superb on the outside. Alkaline foods impart, a number of benefits, some of which include-:
- Energizes your body and boosts the immune system thus reducing vulnerability to disease and illness.
- prevents, relieves and heals the body against chronic illness such as diabetes, cancer, problems related to digestion, and inflammation
- Helps to achieve a healthy pH with an ideal range of 7-8
- Protects women against the hazards of Osteoporosis since alkaline foods help in maintaining high bone density.
- Vitamin D is essential for absorption of calcium and helps in the strengthening of bones .generally this vitamin is deficient in women’s body and acidic foods further lower the level of vitamin D. Thus, alkaline diet which is full of Cruciferous vegetables and fruits rich in fibre will surely help.
- Prevents kidney problems.
- helps preserve the muscle mass